The Arc of Davidson County recognizes the inherent rights of all people to participate fully in communities of their choosing. Founded on the principles that all people must have equal access to all opportunities, we advocate with and for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families in the following ways:
- Assistance with concerns of abuse of rights, concerns over services and/or supports.
- Presence at IEP (Individualized Education Program) meetings upon request.
- Surrogate parent for children whose parent in not able to attend IEP meetings.
- Assisting self-advocates as they learn how to use their own voice.
- Funding concerns at the local, state and federal levels.
- Ensuring community members are aware of and practicing inclusion of people with I/DD.
- Building capacity of all community members.
If you or someone you know needs assistance with Advocacy,
contact any member of our staff by email or call 336.248.2842